As the saying goes “No rest for the wicked”,so I want to know what I have done to offend C.M.L. Today, for the first time she decided that there would be no recovery walks in the programme. After my five-minute warmup walk it was straight into twenty minutes of solid running – well after the first five shuffling would probably describe it better – with no break. On top of that it was an after-work run, which always feel harder than early morning runs.
Again I managed to complete the run without stopping for a rest and without a breakdown either emotional or physical. Though having said that I am finding that I am getting a bit of pain in my Achilles tendons, even with a fairly comprehensive stretching routine following my run. Answers on a postcard or in the comments please.
Strava thinks that I have a whole slew of new personal bests today. I am slightly dubious for two reasons;
- They are so much better than anything I have done previously.
- For some reason or another my Garmin watch was finding it difficult to locate satellites. If you look at the track on the map there is a weird little loop that I did not do.
Here are the *records* . Like certain world records that are thought to have been achieved with the aid of performance enhancing drugs I feel they should be marked with an asterisk and tagged GPS enhanced.
- Best estimated 1 mile effort (9:16)
- Best estimated 1k effort (5:24)
- Best estimated 1/2 mile effort (4:06)
- Best estimated 400m effort(1:13)
The 400m effort in particular seems way too good to be true.